8/27/2007

Look Of The Week: Balenciaga Back To School


Yes, it's that time of the year again: the beach is deserted, the summer dresses in storage, the brand new books ready and the sad faces and alarm clocks ready. Yes, it’s time to go back to school. But as always there is a silver lining, two in this case: first? September’s Vogue is here with 840 pages of fashion to get you through boring economy classes. I'm so excited, I already bought mine! September’s Vogue: the only reason why September could ever resemble Christmas. And second? Über Chic’s Back to School Look of the Week Extravaganza! (Yes, that’s quite a mouthful). For the month of September the Look of the Week will be meant to resolve the question nobody can answer because it’s so damn early: what to wear today?

This week inspiration comes from my favorite fall collection from one of my favorite designers: Balenciaga by Nicolas Ghesquiere. The Look is inspired by the structured blazers and pants mixed with exotic scarves for a more international/ethnic look. I think it’s such a fresh spin in a classic look and can be fairly easy to achieve, if you have the key pieces . . . and style of course.

C.

17 comments:

Emma said...

Cute post!

Héloïse J. said...

Balenciaga is my favorite fall collection too! i consider it really genious bcz of its multi-reference. i already found too some pieces for the look! but i have some difficulty with the shoes.. sos!!! cute post indeed:)

Ella Gregory said...

it was deffinately the collection of the year
i love all the looks you have picked out
and kirsten dunst looks so cool in that sidebar pic

Ellie Lee said...

uh huh balenciaga's fab!!! i'm so lusting for a piece of high waisted khakis.... i love love the scarfs!!!

anyhow thanks for d comment(: the bow skirt is really cute huh=p
love!

discotheque confusion said...

Nicolas Ghesquiere is a genius, and Balenciaga are so lucky to have him-he can always be relied on to provide the goods, and as a result his collections have been some of the strongest every year.

Imagine working for him, you'd be buzzing with creativity!

Ha, you pretty much described the outfit I wore today in that last comment, minus the raybans because of the grey skies, but I have them at home, so you were right! And my new reeboks of course!

Love your blog, I'm linking you.

Alsooo, I was wondering, are you a girl or boy? The name Cris made me wonder!

I guess with my name being Stevie people could wonder the same thing!

S xx

discotheque confusion said...

Whoaaa that was long. I'm not very good at summarising...

Kat said...

That balenciaga collection was just so inspiring and completly different. The east coast preppy look is perfect for back to school/september dressing too. Loving all the items you picked .

Anonymous said...

I have an aversion to khaki pants, I have no idea why but I will never buy nor wear them. I do love the jackets though, I think I will mix my version with grey pants.

Miu Miu's Atelier said...

loads of thanks for the comment since i'm barely starting out and of course balenciaga is the it fall collection...don't we all wish we owned the $4,000 scarfs *sigh*

Anonymous said...

oo i love balenciaga's collection! nice picks!

btw, your blog is awesome, wanna trade links?

- said...

love your header!

I cant stop thinking in the bALENCIAGA collection... at the begining I was not impressed by it but at the moment I think is brilliat: very wearable but at the same time unique and classy... what really piss me off is that mass retailers such as zara or massimo dutti are copying it

Jen (MahaloFashion) said...

blog again soon;)

Mr. John Steed said...

SAVING THE WORLD IN STYLE

Aisha said...

Loved the post. I'm in love with balenciaga's collection, it's one of my favorites so far. I just posted about the scarves on the collection, wish i could get one =(

x

Ângela Brito said...

LOve the new collection, love Nicolas!!
I am a big fan of the story of this label and off course of the criator Cristóbal Balenciaga.
Kiss

The Spicers said...

Great post! I adore that whole Balenciaga collection, esp. the schoolboy blazers.

Asi Mod said...

Those military style jackets are divine. I want all of them.