8/01/2008

Look Of The Week: The OC



California here we come . . .

Ooohh I wish, but my travels are finally over and I’m back. And although I didn't post anything while I was away I did keep reading your kind comments and visiting my favorite fashion blogs. Every time I get back from a summer trip I always feel like the season has ended already and it's time to pull my fall looks out of the closet. So to keep the summer vibe alive I've been watching The OC and do I miss it; even the later episodes with Taylor and Marissa's sister. Actually the only person that I do not miss (and the cause I almost stopped watching altogether) is Johnny, gosh he was annoying. Is it wrong that I cheered when he went over that cliff?

Anyway the show was really fashion oriented and the style was California Chic at its best. Some sartorial highlights were the funky flats Marissa had to wear so she wouldn’t tower over the rest of cast, the gargantuan Chanel tote she used as a backpack for school in the early seasons and Summer's colorful outfits that always were perfect for her namesake season.

When not dazzling with gorgeous gowns for all of the parties that they attended (personal favorites are the dress Marissa wore to Caleb's Christmas party in the first season and her Chanel prom dress), Coop and Summ knew that you need nothing more than an attractive top, long necklaces and a statement bag to make simple jeans look Newport Beach-ready.

C.



14 comments:

Anonymous said...

why don't you move your blog to uber.com? they have better looking blogs and a good fashion community. Plus you could be uberchic@uber.com

Ella Gregory said...

No don't move to Uber!!!
I am glad you are back. It seems like you have been gone forever.
I remember the days of copying the O.C style so well.
I forgot how great it was.

x x x x x x

Andrea Martínez Maugard said...

I think that the Rachel Bilson jacket is pure perfection too :)

Style Spot said...

Thank you so much for your e-mail! I really appreciate it :)

ahh the OC! nearly forgotten about those days. love your different combinations..very the OC style indeed.

xxx

Anonymous said...

who doesnt love OC style?
almost forgotten and replaced by Gossip Girl! so sad

..... said...

i love that tvshow !!
we've been on the run, drivin in the sun, lookin out for number 1, california here we come !! right back where we started from

Mónica said...

Miu Miu skirt is lovely and the Chanel bag a classic. I am not a fan of the series, but fashion is very interesting

Mónica said...

BTW, I cannot watch your profile, I don't know if it's my problem or it's that you don't have it activated.

it's an addiction. said...

oh the OC-
i agree johnny was annoying but wasn't he delicious to look at?

the best was marissa's prom dress.

such a contrast to the way the teenagers dressed in my highschool- sweatpants, tank tops.... no chanel in sight.

i just started reading your blog and i enjoy it! i'll be back,

xo, fellow blogger K

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

I've never been to CA, but I do love the OC! ^_^

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

P.S. Welcome back.

A Black Tie Event said...

I never really watched the OC, but the collages are great, especially the shoes.

Anonymous said...

i just started reading ur blog...and let me just tell u...this post made me LITERALLY cry...i got teary eyed cuz i miss the O.C. SO MUCH!!!!!!!!! i know its pathetic...but seriously...when it ended it was like losing a best friend :)
how can a show thats only been off the air for a lil over a year feel so NASTOLGIC?

Bojana said...

Ooh nice post! I am myself starting to rewatch the show...

And Marissa's Chanel prom dress is already pretty much iconic to me.